Thursday, October 16, 2014

Some of my favorite hat wearing, vintage loving bloggers

I love looking to other bloggers for style inspiration, and accessorizing is one place where I need a lot of it. Although I'm sure I'd still own some hats if I didn't see them in the blogosphere, the aplomb with which these ladies wear their varied and stylish chapeaux has definitely inspired me to step up my game.
Oh, and I don't own any of these photos, they are the sole property of their creators. Just FYI.
Solanah, Vixen Vintage
Come on, what list would be complete without her? She's gorgeous, she's got a killer hat collection (or at least, she did; I know she's moved away from vintage blogging a little bit), and her outfits are so varied and expressive of her personal style that she can't be imitated. Vixen Vintage is one of the first vintage blogs I ever read, and she pretty much tops my inspirational style list.
solanah
solanah1
Solanah3

Tanith, Tanith Rowan
This Aussie milliner's blog is amazing. She not only creates amazing modern and vintage style hats, she's a great educational resource, and has done a whole series of posts on hat trends of the past. I really like to go back and reference them when I pick up a kind of random new hat that I'm not sure how to wear, since the vintage photos are a great reference for accompanying hairstyles and accessories as well. She's also hugely, adorably pregnant, so help put her baby through college and go buy one of her hats.
tanith1
tanith2
tanith3

Jessica, Chronically Vintage
You guys all know Jessica, so I'm sure it comes as no surprise that she's a mad hatter after my own heart. And she's got an awesome name, so there's that. One of the things that I admire most about her style is her knack for accessorizing, and her amazing Etsy shop is beautifully curated and reasonably priced. I seriously want half the stuff in there.
Jessica3
Jessica2
Jessica1

Laura, Paper Mothball Vintage
Laura's got a little bit of a leg up in the "wearing things and making them look awesome" race, since she's actually a professional model. However, she's also an excellent writer, an even better photographer, and a seriously talented designer, so you'd be mistaken if you thought she was just another pretty face.
laura3
laura2
laura1

Just Another Wardrobe Experience
I think what I love most about this German blogger is how naturally she wears everything. She can be dressed head to toe in 40s gear, but she never looks like she's wearing a costume. The casual elegance with which she incorporates her hats into her wardrobe definitely inspire me to pop one on myself.
wardrobeexp2
wardrobeexp1
wardrobeexp

This, obviously, is not a complete list of all of the vintage bloggers who wear hats, or all of the vintage bloggers who wear hats that I like. It's really just a few of the ladies out there who consistently make me stop and say wow every time I check out their blogs. If you know of any other hat-crazy bloggers out there that I didn't mention, please give them a shout out in the comments. I could be that I haven't heard of them, and it would be awesome to find a new favorite.

14 comments:

  1. I follow Jessica of Chronically Vintage also! I love hats, I feel like whenever I buy them I don't actually get around to wearing them much though. But all these girls look lovely!
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica is great, I swear she's the friendliest person on the internet.

      Delete
  2. What a great post, I too admire most of these ladies fashion styling and inspiration. You did share a new one or two with my who I hadn't yet discovered. Thank you for sharing.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I feel like some of them are pretty popular and well known, but all of them deserved a shout out.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm very happy and flattered to be included in this list, and thank you for the lovely things you said about my blog. I'm glad my blog is providing helpful resources and inspiration for you. I follow some of the other hat-lovers too, but not all of them, so I'm going to have to browse the past posts of the others for their great hat-wearing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it! If I had more money, I would be all over your hats. I'm hoping to get a good tax return next year, and that might be my special treat for myself.

      Delete
  4. You've thoroughly honoured me, sweet Jessica (agreed - best name EVER! :D), thank you very, very much. I'm thrilled to be in the midst of such venerable vintage chapeau wearing company. Please don't hesitate to zip me a line anytime if you want to chat more about vintage hats one-on-one.

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! You deserve it. You are always so thoughtful about how you put your outfits together, and you accessorizing skill is one of the things that really inspires me to put some thought into it every morning.

      Delete
  5. A great collection of hatters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just checked out your blog, love some of those knit styles.

      Delete
  6. Definitely a fabulous choice of great vintage bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, thank you so much ... i think, i never found someone in blogland, writing such lovely words about my blog/style! it's a big honour as well to find me in a row with these wonderful vintage ladies! you really made my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant what I said! I think you've got a really inspiring sense of style, and I love checking your blog and seeing a new outfit to drool over.

      Delete