Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cheap Thrills - Etsy Edition

I've been bad. I've got a trip coming up that I should be saving for, and after I splurged a little bit and basically bought all of the stuff that I decided I needed for fall, I said I wasn't going to do any more shopping. It's just soooooo haaaaard not to when people are practically giving clothes away, though. A mere $10 for a cute, mod, 60s dress? Another $10 for a cream colored duster length sweater? $20 for a 50s dress that's a dead ringer for a Birdie dress from PUG? Some things you just can't say no to.

Pickled Vintage
Pickled Vintage specializes in super cute party dresses, and right now the entire store is 35-55% off.
70s Maxi Dress - $18.90
pickledvin1
Not quite my style, but a really cute piece for a bohemian babe.
50s Brown Polka Dot Dress - $60.30
pickledvin2
If this weren't several inches too small all over, this would absolutely be in my closet.
50s Suzy Perette LBD - $81.90
pickledvin3
This sophisticated black velvet wiggle dress would be perfect for any holiday parties.

Capsule Vintage
Capsule Vintage is another store with a beautifully curated selection of dresses. Everything in the store is 20% off through Thursday.
80s Navy Cardigan - $30.40
capsulevin1
This classic cardigan would make a great addition to any vintage wardrobe.
50s Black Floral Skirt - $49.60
capsulevin2
Another selection of the petite lady, this beautiful floral skirt is the sort of piece you reach for day after day all year long.
50s Red Plaid Dress - $51.20
capsulevin3
This cute plaid dress would look so sweet with a pair of boots and tights on a crisp fall day.

Simplicity is Bliss Vintage
Another shop with fantastic dresses. Usually a little out of my price range, but with 30% off most of the store, it makes those beautiful pieces a little more attainable.
60s Mustard Plaid Skirt - $26.60
sibvin1
Who isn't mad for plaid this time of year? Perfect for adding a little schoolgirl chic to your wardrobe.
50s Novelty Print Dress - $31.50
sibvin2
This toy soldier novelty print dress will look amazingly cute on someone, perhaps with a peter pan collared blouse underneath.
50s Diamond Print Dress - $47.60
sibvin3
Bring the diamond print that was so popular this summer straight into fall with this awesome long sleeved dress.

The Vintage Mistress
The clearance section here is off the charts cheap. This is where I found my killer, could-not-pass-them-up deals yesterday.
Persian Lamb Coat - $39.00
vintagemist1
Fuzzy wuzzy was a coat, fuzzy wuzzy was a goat. Wait, no, that's not how that goes. But seriously, this 50s style double breasted coat looks cozy and pettable as hell.
50s Yellow Linen Shirtdress - $9.50
vintagemist2
This sunny yellow dress with cute patch pockets will be perfect once warmer weather hits again, and you really can't beat that price.
60s Black Dress and Shawl Set - $12.00
vintagemist3
Get in on the fringe trend with this amazing dress and shawl.

Jumblelaya Vintage
I think Jumblelaya is a pretty well known store already, and it looks like their well chosen wares are all 20% off.
40s Ivory Blouse - $25.60
jumble1
I don't know about you guys, but I've always got my eye out for nice vintage blouses, especially ones that aren't super tiny. Love the collar detail on this 40s gem.
50s Plaid Shirtdress - $62.40
jumble2
Didn't I say I was mad for plaid? This just makes me want to go pumpkin picking, or whatever one does at a pumpkin patch.
50s New Look Pink Taffeta Party Dress - $70.40
jumble3
Ok, so this one is still a little bit of a splurge, but isn't it just jaw droppingly gorgeous. If I hadn't already spent all my money I'd be all over this baby. Drool.

Other great sales:
HoneyTalk Vintage, 25% off the entire store.
Vacation Vintage, 25% off the entire store
Aiseirigh, 50% off the entire store, including a great selection of Gunne Sax
Rockabilly Raven Vintage, 15% off
Livin' Vintage Shop, looks like 25% off most items, including their great selection of plus size vintage
Edited to Add: I just saw Chronically Vintage is offering 31% off the entire store through November 2nd!
Fly, fly, my pretties! Go buy things before someone snatches them out of your grasp and you spend the rest of your life thinking about that dress that you should have bought!

8 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say you have your pick of awesome vintage stuff in the US and if the selection was half this good in the UK I'd probably wear a lot more vintage than I do! Or maybe I just miss all the good stuff... Either way I've never even seen a shirt dress I could buy online... Altogether now: it's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might get better vintage, but I'd say you guys have the better repro brands. I would love to see Collectif or Freddies of Pinewood or Tara Starlet stocked here in the US.

      Delete
  2. wonderful pieces ... the orange/brown plaid dress is toooooo die for and so is the tny briwn one with the two coloured spots ... i hope those wonderful pieces go to loving homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wallet is still as empty as a crator on the moon after our recent travels or else I'd be flying might quickly for at least a couple of these great deals (sooo love the plaid dress). Thank you for rounding them up for us!

    At the risk of sounding like a shameless plug (epicly not my style), my Etsy shop is currently having a 31% off sale on everything in celebration of Halloween (that will run until November 2nd). So even more vintage bargain goodness for one and all to avail of. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edited you in the second I read your blog post. Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't even realized.

      Delete
  4. Great sales, of to check them out:) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute goodies! I love shirt dresses at the moment, and the diamond pattern is my favourite!

    I have been spending sooooo much money lately too, spoiling myself with pretty things to wear when I (fingers crossed) get my waist back soon! Self-control is a difficult thing to muster in the face of super-cheap prices. (I've been trying to date a vintage dress I bought at a garage sale for $5 even though I think it is a million cm too small for me, but it was $5!! And old! And cute!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really cheap things have such a sway, don't they? "I don't need it... but there's not really any barrier to me getting it..." It's kind of great, actually.

      Delete